Monday, February 8, 2010

ONE MANS TRASH......



****Early walk with Spark the other day, ended with a great conversation with a sweet old lady. She was so nice to Spark and intrigued by his blindness, as we walked together, she spotted a surf board on a alley way dumpster, I said good bye and went to inspect the craft. It was neglected, dirty and unloved. I knew I we could once again ride freely in the sea and I snatched under my excited arm. As I did so a man yelled, hey hey, totally thought I was busted, but the man wanted to tell me his roomate in 73's father shaped the board for him to learn to surf but for the last 25 years its been a table in his back yard. I ran home, grabbed my suit and hit Swami's soon there after. The black mold vanished, the board came to life and I felt blessed by my morning gifts. All the best, 111